Learning John 3:16
All of the children in the Children’s Ministry at CCC have been given a challenge. Their challenge is to learn the verse John 3:16 and be able to recite it!
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” ~John 3:16
A Video To Help Learn John 3:16
Watch the video that we show the kids during worship time on Sunday mornings to help them relate to the verse and learn it.
Parents, be sure to help your children learn this important verse.
Some Facts About John 3:16
- John 3:16 is one of the most widely quoted verses from the Christian Bible.
- The verse has been called the most famous Bible verse.
- It has also been called the “Gospel in a nutshell”.
- The phrase “John 3:16″ is very short and can be written inconspicuously in out-of-the-way locations. In the U.S., the In-N-Out Burger chain prints it on the inside of the bottom rim of their paper cups, clothing chain Forever 21 and Heritage (1981) print it on the bottom of their shopping bags, and Tornado Fuel Saver prints it on the box.
- The Heisman-winning American football player Tim Tebow printed this reference (among other Bible verses) on his eye black, notably during the 2009 BCS championship. Exactly three years later on January 8, 2012, was the game that would become known as “The 3:16 game“, where Tebow threw for 316 yards in a playoff upset against the Pittsburgh Steelers; a game in which measurements of 3, 16 and 31.6 were also noted, “John 3 16″ became the top Google search in the US.