Don’t miss the next Highway LIVE! coming Sunday, October 23rd from 6:30 until 7:30pm at Christ Community Church. Highway LIVE! is a night of worship lead by our very own elementary children and leaders. Come join the fun as we discover what Jesus meant when he said we should be “fishers of men”!
Who should come? EVERYONE! Highway LIVE! is for the young and the young at heart. It is really an opportunity for the whole church family to be encouraged by observing children’s baptisms and watching our elementary children lead us in worship!
What can I expect? Highway LIVE! is a night of worship led by the Elementary Department of the Children’s Ministry of Christ Community Church. You will enjoy watching the children lead us in worship through music and a hear a biblical message from one of our Children’s Ministry Bible Teachers! The theme for this Highway LIVE! is “Fishers of Men”!!!
When is Highway LIVE? You can mark your calendar for Sunday, October 23rd from 6:30-7:30pm. The doors will open at 6:10pm, so come early and get a great seat!
Where will Highway LIVE! take place? The worship service will be at Christ Community Church in the Auditorium of Building A. You can enter through the foyer doors next to the Auditorium of Building A. You will see two blue “fly guys” at the entrance.
Why do we have this event? The primary purpose for the event is to worship our Savior Jesus Christ (BELIEVE). While other purposes are clearly present: CONNECT (the body will fellowship with one another), GROW (a biblical message will be taught), SERVE (numerous children, youth, and adults will be serving), and GO (we encourage you to invite your friends); the primary focus is a night of worship.
How much does the event cost? There will be no admission charge to attend Highway LIVE! However, an offering will be received.
How can I volunteer? We are always searching for new volunteers to minister to children. If you are interested in serving Christ through working with our children, please take a moment to e-mail Jon Homesley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will there be food available? No. We will not be serving food before or after the event. If you are serving on one of the Highway LIVE! Ministry Teams, plan on eating before you arrive or bring something with you.
When is the next Highway LIVE!? Our next Highway LIVE! is scheduled for Sunday, December 4th from 6:30-7:30pm. This will be our Children’s Christmas Musical Production entitled, “Dude, You Hear What I Hear?” Come support the children of our church as they remind us to listen for the authentic message of Christmas amidst the many noises of the season.
What time should I plan on arriving? The answer truly depends on your participation. Below is a schedule of events for Sunday, October 23rd.
- 12:30pm The Set-Up Crew should plan on staying after the second worship service to help set up the stage for Highway LIVE! This should take about 90 minutes and lunch will not be provided.
- 4:15pm Chris and Jon will arrive at the church at 4:15pm. The church will be locked prior to this time and you will not be able to get in the building.
- 4:45pm We ask that all adult leaders arrive no later than 4:45pm. Make sure that you eat before coming or bring something with you.
- 5:00pm We ask that all children on the Kids’ Praise Team (Highway Patrol) arrive no later than 5:00pm and come straight to the Auditorium of Bldg. A. make sure you eat before coming.
- 5:30pm We ask that all children who are getting baptized arrive no later than 5:30pm and come to the Worship Suite located directly behind the Auditorium of Bldg. A. Make sure that you eat before coming and that you bring a change of clothes and a towel. See your baptism letter for more details.
- 6:10pm Doors open to the Auditorium.
- 6:30pm We will begin the service promptly at 6:30pm.
- 7:30pm We will have a brief reception in the Fellowship Hall following the service to congratulate the children who have been baptized.
- 7:30pm The Clean-Up Crew will take about 30 minutes to clean up Building A following the service. We would love any help from parents that we can get!
If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to e-mail or call Chris Dortch (email@example.com) or Jon Homesley (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 704.875.8374. We look forward to worshiping with you on Sunday, October 23rd at 6:30pm!!!