I was falling . . . and you gave me a hand up.
I was lonely, and you invited me to your church.
I was nervous, and you welcomed me on Sunday in the parking lot.
My family was scattered, and you had a place for each of us.
I was shy, and you offered me coffee and conversation.
I was overwhelmed, and you helped me find right priorities.
I was self-centered, and you showed me how to be thankful.
I was broken, and you showed me a new self image in Christ.
I had no vision, and you showed me I was needed and that I make a difference.
I was discouraged, and you gave me hope in Jesus.
Adaptation from Matthew 25:35-40
It’s all about Jesus!
As a participant in the Christ Community Church family, we prayerfully anticipate that you will grow in Christ, gain understanding of your DIVINE DESIGN, and begin to experience the delight of partnering with the Lord in serving others.
What is Serving?
“You are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for you to do.” Ephesians 2:10. God has called you to this place at this time for a purpose! CCC is a church that highly values serving the Lord. We are called to actively and intentionally be part of making the world a better place by caring for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of believers and unbelievers. God wants to give you, and our hurting world, a personal experience of His healing love.
Who do we SERVE?
CCC serves hundreds of adults, teens and children every week through MINISTRY TEAMS affiliated with our spiritual growth process: Believe Connect, Grow, Serve, and Share. We also serve the needs of the hungry, homeless, addicted, poor, bereaved, sick, lost, discouraged, those in transition, and more. It takes every member of CCC to reach out to those in need, as well as to care for our church family.
Where should I SERVE?
At Christ Community Church, you have opportunity to get involved, and find answers to some of life’s critical questions: Who am I? Where do I fit in? How can I make a difference? “There are different kinds of service to God, but it is the same Lord we are serving. The Holy Spirit displays God’s power through each of us as a means of helping the entire church. All of you together are the one Body of Christ and each one of you is a separate and necessary part.” I Corinthians 12:4-27
There is a place of service for every person, every age and stage, every schedule, every interest. The CCC Volunteer Ministry offers extensive information on needs and opportunities to serve. For help in identifying your unique place of service, register for Class 301 DIVINE DESIGN or for a private coaching session where you will learn about:
- The scriptural foundation of serving
- Your personal Godly divine design
- Ministries of Christ Community Church
- How to identify an area of service to best match your design and interest
We believe that. . .
- All Christians are gifted and called to serve in the name of Jesus Christ.
- All members of Christ Community Church are to be equipped and offered an opportunity to experience ministry.
- Operating in your Godly calling produces fulfillment, fruitfulness, and spiritual maturity.
- Ministry services and projects should always begin with God’s calling and perfect timing.
- We are called to minister to the Lord, to other believers, and to unbelievers.
- We are to minister to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of others.
How do I begin Serving?
- Turn in a Welcome Card at Sunday morning worship with a request for ministry information, and you will be contacted.
- Pick up a Divine Design catalog for a list of church ministries and the Advance Serve calendar of upcoming serving opportunities.
- Contact any Ministry Leader to schedule a one-time experience of serving or to join a ministry team.
- Register for the DIVINE DESIGN workshop by visiting www.growinguniversity.com.
We are so glad you’re here, and look forward to serving side by side. For more information on volunteering, contact the Servant Ministry Department at cc/ytinummoctsirhc//evres